This is one of the biggest questions people have when planning their wedding day: Where should I get ready for my wedding day? I am all about helping my couples and giving wedding tips if I can, so here are a few pointers I have when thinking about a getting ready spot and later a few of my favorite spots to get ready for your Detroit wedding!
- Keep it simple | Is your wedding in Detroit? Get ready in Detroit. You won’t have to worry about traffic coming into town from your Mom’s house or your condo. You’ll save some time and get to relax a little more on your wedding morning.
2. Hotels are pretty and uncluttered | Let’s face it, you’re planning your wedding full time, it’s wedding week – your home is probably a little cluttered and crazier than you’re used to. Get ready in a hotel. Why? they have neutral colored decor typically, great natural light and not a ton of decorations to make photos seem too busy. You are the focus on the day, so it shouldn’t be the stuff around you.
3. Give yourself a special place to come back to at the end of the night | Staying in a hotel on your wedding night is a comfy place to come back to and enjoy you’r first morning of married life. Plus, it gives you a great spot to return to on your anniversaries!
4. Your hair and makeup people will come to you | Honest! They’re used to it! Don’t worry about that.
5. Stay close | It gives you a place for you and your bride or groom to be to get ready together without being together. Giving you more time for photos ;) and an easier time with transportation.
Ok and now my absolute favorite getting ready spots in Detroit:
- Detroit Foundation Hotel | 250 W Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226
2. The Siren Hotel | 1509 Broadway St, Detroit, MI 48226
3. Westin Book Cadillac | 1114 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226
4. Shinola Hotel | 1400 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
5. Air BnB – there are so many locations! Be sure to look for great natural light!